As soon as we are notified that you want to withdraw funds, we will do all that we can to get your money to you as soon as possible. Here are a few things you need to understand about how that process works, and so that we can keep your money safe and secure:
1) The withdrawal process is easy. Just login to your Pefin.com account, go to the Investments section of the site, and make a withdrawal request.
2) We are going to require that you keep a cash buffer in the account to make sure you have enough to pay one (1) month of fees ahead for your Pefin Advisors account. We automatically withdraw any third-party fees from your account by liquidating investments to pay for fees if cash isn’t available. Third party fees can be things like overdraft fees, ACH return fees, mailing fees, etc. – which may be charged by the Account Custodian, Apex, in case you request special services like hard copy statements (mailing fees) or if you request an account transfer with insufficient funds. Pefin Advisors does not receive any of these fees.
3) Pefin Advisors, LLC is compliant with all government rules regarding Anti-Money Laundering and ensuring the safety and security of your assets that you have invested with us. That means that there are some rules that we need to follow, but we will try to make it as quick and painless as we can. These included the Settlement Period Check, Anti-Money Laundering Withdrawals Restrictions, and Rules forChanging Bank Accounts.
4) Once you tell us that you want to withdraw funds, there are a few things that need to happen. One is that we need to ensure that your password has not been stolen and that someone who isn’t you is trying to get at your money. Therefore, we have a Settlement Period Check.
Following a sale of Securities, your funds must settle before you can withdraw them to your bank account. The settlement period for most securities is the trade date plus 2 business days (T+2), or Regular Way Settlement. Upon credit to your Pefin Account as cash, the ACH process will immediately take over and proceed to transfering the funds to your bank.
Please keep in mind that weekends and some US holidays don’t count as trading days, and there are cutoff times for trading execution, as well as trading strategies, that can influence when liquidation actually occurs. If we see anything that looks like suspicious activity, this could take a little longer. Pefin doesn’t guarantee a timeline for the period of time between when you notify us to sell securities and when you can withdraw your funds but you should expect it to be about 5-8 days. Pefin Advisors WILL NOT charge you fees on funds that you have asked to withdraw, once securities are sold and settled, and proceeds become Withdrawable Cash - it is your money and we will do what we can to get it safely to you as soon as we can.
As long as there are funds in your account, your account will remain open-unless you give us directions to close it. If you withdraw all of the funds in your account, we will keep the account open for 60 days, so you don’t have to go through the account reopening process when you are ready to start investing again. If you don’t deposit funds in that time period, we will automatically close the account.
5) Initial Investment: We need to ensure that someone is not laundering money using your Identity, therefore we have Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Withdrawals Restrictions
Your funds are yours and should be available to you when you need them. In order to comply with anti-money laundering guidelines, you can only withdraw funds to the original bank account from which they were deposited, within the first 60 days after depositing the funds. After that, if you want to change accounts, we can help you do that. To change bank accounts, login to your Pefin.com account and edit the bank information from the investments section of the application.
6) Closing your Account: we wish you wouldn’t go, but we know that sometimes we have to say goodbye. To close your Pefin Advisors account please email us at email@example.com and we will assist you with this process. We will follow the Securities sales and money transfer process described herein. All fees due to Pefin Advisors and third-parties will be deducted from the cash balance before transferring.
The Agreement between you and the Broker/Dealer and Custodian Apex Clearing Corp, LLC can be found here.